Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NY Restaurant Week is on until Labor Day

Now that we've got more time --fellow foodies, let's devour!

Next on our list (if I can get dinner reservation): Blue Water Grille, 21 Club, and Tribecca Grill. I'm disappointed that River Cafe did not participate this year. We had lunch (a first, in our RW experience) at Morimoto, and it was all right. The salad appetizer, for me, was very simple and not as flavorful as I wanted it to be. I have yet to find a salad appetizer that will rival Columbia's; it's sooo good, your palate will immediately know the difference. It's been years ago since we were in this Sarasota restaurant, but I still get a flashback of the taste, the burst of flavor, the juicy ingredients...makes we want to fly to St. Armands Circle right now. But I digress...

Here's what calmed our grumbly stomach:


I must tell you that the egg was perfectly poached. Superb! The chef's sushi selection tasted delicious. Albert also ordered a spicy tuna roll for himself, and a california roll for me. We were stuffed, for sure. Oh, and they gave me two bowls of the Beef Gyudon. :P Guess why?

For dessert, they had teeny-tiny offerings of a bite-size brownie and some candies. I don't know, for some reason, it screamed at us like "Come on, what would you expect? It's Restaurant Week, people!" We ordered tea and called it a day.

My friends rave about Morimoto ("five stars! five stars!"), but they were there for dinner and they ordered from the regular menu. I'm sure the food was excellent. As for their RW lunch fare, we've really had better.

1 comment:

The Sweet Life said...

wow sarap!!! hi sis! just visiting after a long break ...